Monday, October 22, 2012

Treat of the Week: Pork Chops and Pear Tart




I’m woefully behind schedule today. My apologies. I know none of you want to wait for the “Treat of the Week.” Can you imagine how I must feel waiting for Sunday dinner with my parents?

This week, we had a wholly autumnal dinner of thick, lovely pork chops flavored with apple butter and apple cider and served with a rich, flavorful sauce. These tasty chops were joined on the table by roasted sweet and white potatoes, and sugar snap peas sprinkled with sesame seeds. It was the ideal meal for fall. Too bad it doesn’t feel like fall here. 



And, then, for dessert, a gorgeous flourless chocolate pear tart was presented. I don’t quite understand how this works, but my mother does—thankfully. Even without flour, this magnificent pastry is alive with the flavor of fresh pears and rich, dark chocolate. Topped with piped rosettes of whipped cream, this creamy, dreamy dessert was a grand counterpoint to he savory pork which preceded it.





14 comments:

Matt said...

Could those porkchops have been any thicker? Wow! My stomach is rumbling. Your mom does such a good job decorating everything too. Look at how pretty that tart is. Mmmmmmmm.

April said...

As a pear-shaped woman, I have a deep love of pears. I think this tart is a fitting tribute to the succulent pear. And I like to eat me some piggy tooooo. Nom nom nom...chomp.

Doug said...

That's really a good looking meal.

Gene said...

I love pork chops and those look like the best.

Gene said...

Meant to say how good the tart looks too.

Sam P said...

I like to eat pigs too. I would also like to eat that tart. Nummy.

Angelo said...

Fancy! Looks like the little cakes my ma picks up at the fancy bakery for her book club. Bet your moms is better tho.

Carolyn said...

I'm going to have to pay a visit to you so I can see your mom and beg her to cook for me.

Book Gurl said...

Super yummy!

Wendy said...

I'm going to make pork chops for my family tonight since these look so good. No way I could match that tart! I only wish I could make such a pretty one!

Kathy said...

I love it all!

Bonnie said...

Now I want to make pork chops too!!!

Mark said...

Another lovely treat!

Marsha said...

Soooooo elegant.