Friday, August 31, 2012

Mr. Punch's Puzzles: The Riddle of the Week





Once, again, Mr. Punch, with my help, is offering up a true Victorian riddle.  The first person to answer correctly--by posting in the comments--will receive public congratulations.  

So, here's this week's riddle.  We ask that you don't Google the answer.  Mr. Punch would not find that sporting at all.  Give it a shot and see what you can come up with.  Here we go... No cheating...

Why is the army not going to have bayonets any longer?

Update:

And, the answer is...

They're already long enough.

Many thanks to all who answered!  I always love to see the many thought processes of our little community at work.  And, of course, special mention to Shawn who was not only our first poster, but also gave us the official answer.  

Come back next Friday for another of Mr. Punch's Puzzles.  


Mr. Punch wants you to always know “the way to do it,” so why not check out our “That’s the way to do it!” products which are available only at our online store.  

18 comments:

Shawn said...

Well, I would say, because those that they have are long enough already! :)

Joseph Crisalli said...

Clever answer.

April said...

Because kebob skewers are cheaper.

Carolyn said...

Because Bay Rum smells better.

Joseph Crisalli said...

So says Floyd from beyond the grave.

Gene said...

Because they figured they'd take a stab at it.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Ah, gruesome.

Sam P said...

Because they're a pain in the neck.

Joseph Crisalli said...

And other places.

Angelo said...

Because they come from Bayonne.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Ah, a North Eastern joke.

Barb said...

Aquanet holds better.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I'll take your word for it.

Darcy said...

Because they're switching to Welcome Soap.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Hooray! I love a continued storyline.

Anonymous said...

I like Angelo's answer. But I also think "having" a bayonet could be Painful.

Matt said...

Because they want to bury the hatchet. I know--lame, right. My real answer is kind of inappropriate for a PG site. Sometimes I can be bawdy, but I try to fight my mischievous side. I never win.

Joseph Crisalli said...

You can always email it to me.