Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Gotcha Day, Bertie!



Ten years ago today, a little white dog came into my house for the first time and, then, promptly took over.  And, I can't be happier that he did.  Adopting Bertie was one of the smartest things I ever did.  As far as I'm concerned, my Bertie deserves all the best that life can offer since that is what he offers me every day.

Sadly, there are thousands of dogs out there whose stories don't have such happy endings.  These dogs...and cats...and, other pets...deserve loving homes, too.  So, today, if there's room in your heart and your home to welcome a new pet, check out a local shelter or rescue organization.  There's a new lifelong friend waiting for you out there, someone who can offer you as many joyful years as Bertie has brought to me.


7 comments:

Shawn said...

Yay! I am so happy that Bertie found his way to you. You must tell him just how handsome he his in this photo!

April said...

Yes, everyone decent should adopt a pet. You two are the poster children for rescue orgs.

Sam P said...

Congratulations, you two.

Matt said...

Happy day you guys.

Carolyn said...

Happy, happy.

Angelo said...

That's cool. Dogs ar awesome.

Bertie fan said...

Enjoy your special day! Bertie, you're a Super Star!