Monday, March 19, 2012

Treat of the Week: A Key Lime Tart

 

In honor of St. Patrick’s Day (and, for me, St. Joseph’s Day which is today), my mother created a special treat for us.  This key lime tart (limes being green, you know) graced my mother’s table.  Baked with a luscious, creamy key-lime filling dotted with lime zest, this tart features a dense, tender crust of crushed graham crackers and zesty ginger snaps.  The combination of flavors is exceptional!

She’s beautifully adorned the top of the tart with a piped latticework of freshly whipped cream which has been decorated with sliced strawberries.  As delicious as it is gorgeous, it was the perfect way to celebrate.  











11 comments:

Carolyn said...

It is the beauty in the decoration of all these treats which makes them even more special and yumsy. I'm sure they're tasty, but they're all so beautiful they look like they should be on a cooking show. Seeing these tasties should make all of us more aware of the way our food looks. I go to restaurants where the desserts aren't nearly this professionally decorated. They're all just so incredibly pretty.

Gene said...

I agree that this is really beautiful. I know I would like the strawberry with the limes. This is another thing I will add to my list to eat one day.

Sam P said...

I love key lime!! My favorite!

Book Gurl said...

I've learned so much from this section of the site. I'm going to try that sort of piping on a cream pie I'm making for Easter.

April said...

I wish everything I ate looked this good.

Kathy said...

Such skill! very Pretty!

Matt said...

Totally gorgeous. I love the colors together! It's making me hungry. MB

Mark said...

Brilliant! I think I'd gobble up the crust. Ginger is my favourite.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Barry said...

My dearest friend and I, before her passing, would enjoy little lime puddings at a small cafe after a meal of chicken with capers and shitake mushrooms. It brings back so many dear memories of the time we spent together.

Barb said...

This is great........love the ginger snap idea.