Monday, February 20, 2012

Treat of the Week: A Rustic French Pear Tart




This gorgeous Rustic French Pear Tart would look at home on the marble counter of a little Parisian bistro, but, thankfully, I didn’t have to go that far to enjoy it.  My mother created the recipe for this delicate pastry, much to our delight.

Resting on the perfect Pate Brisee (a tender French pastry) crust, this tart is comprised of thinly sliced, luscious pears which are baked after being topped with a magnificent glaze of Fortnum and Mason apricot jam, ginger, lemon rind, sugar and pear liqueur.  The liqueur is a Swiss Williamine—an Eau-de-vie de poire by Murand (from the Valais region of Switzerland).  This special ingredient helps to being out the gentle sweet flavor of the pear and adds an elegant richness as the pastry bakes. 

Served with stiffly whipped cream and delicious homemade Cinnamon Fiddlehead Cookies, this dessert chases winter from the corners and fills your thoughts with blooming Spring flowers.  







7 comments:

Carolyn said...

So elegant and so beautiful!!! I'm always so very impressed with these tasties!

Fran said...

I luv this!!! It's like something I had in Paris !!! Gorge-ous!!!

Gene said...

Some day I will have something this nice. It's my goal for this year.

Matt said...

This looks so fresh and beautiful. I love it...MB

Book Gurl said...

Your mom really should have her own magazine.

Sam P said...

I would love a slice of this.

Kathy said...

I'm envious. Very nice.