Monday, February 27, 2012

Treat of the Week: A Luscious Cinnamon Swirl Pound Cake




Another brilliant creation from my mother’s kitchen, this Cinnamon Swirl Pound Cake is this week’s treat of the week.  As regular readers of this blog know, my mother is very clever and has a flare for creating her own recipes.  This week, she surprised us with this amazing pound cake.

A rich, buttery pound cake has been swirled with a cinnamon.  The whole of the cake is dotted with chopped walnuts, raisins and miniature chocolate chips—ensuring that each bite is filled with an amazing combination of flavors and textures.  The cake has been adorned with a wonderful sugar glaze.  Just take a look at the inside of this cake.  It’s a work of art!

The next time you prepare your favorite pound cake recipe, think about adding something else to it.  Nuts, raisins and chocolate chips are a great addition to almost any pound cake recipe, but you may consider, also, adding a batter of a different flavor, too.  When cake is your canvas, you can never go wrong!


Oh, and the best part--I got my own whole cake to take home.  To quote Nelson Muntz, "Haw, haw!"







9 comments:

Carolyn said...

How Yummy! I love, love those flavors together. I just adore seeing the treat each Monday!

Gene said...

That looks so good. I love poundcake.

Matt said...

How cozy and delicious does this look. I'd like to cuddle up with a piece of that cake and watch a movie. I guess I'd have to share some with my kids too, ya know, to be fair and stuff. MB

April said...

Poundcake in general is goooooooooooooooooooooood. This looks even better than general. This looks goooooooooder than gooooooooood.

Kathy said...

I'm going to try this with my basic poundcake recipe. I like raisins and chocolate together. Good thinking with the cinnammon.

Sam P. said...

I would make an ice-cream sandwich with this and some dark chocolate or dulce de leche ice cream!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Good idea, Sam! Thanks everyone!

Anonymous said...

Yum!

Book Gurl said...

Another fantastic idea to try. Thanks!