Monday, September 19, 2011

Treat of the Week: A Magnificent Peach Cake with Swiss Meringue Butter-cream Frosting

My mother on her wedding day,
September 18, 1971. 
This weekend was a very happy joyful occasion as we celebrated my parents’ fortieth wedding anniversary with a wonderful meal and a great day together.

Every week brings a grand treat, but this one is particularly exceptional. A delicate, moist white cake has been infused with a puree of fresh peaches. Each layer has been sliced and spread with a strawberry filling which is made all the more delicious by the presence of whole, small, wild strawberries.

The cake has been iced with a peach Swiss meringue butter-cream which has been adorned with exquisite piped decoration and dusted with golden sugar. And, there are some cupcakes to match, too. It was a fitting way to celebrate their Ruby Anniversary, and, now, I’m happy to say I have a new favorite cake!









The Happy Couple.

And, two years later, I came along, and there went the neighborhood. 

10 comments:

Matt said...

I love this. It's just awesome. What a beautiful bride, beautiful couple, beautiful cake and not a bad baby either. Comparing this picture to your profile picture, I can see the same face there. Some people look nothing like their baby pictures, but you were cute and grew up cute. Your mom's dress is gorgeous! Happy anniversary to them. I'm sitting here drinking a protein shake wishing it was a piece of that cake. Is that their cake topper from their wedding. Thank you for letting us see these pictures and for all the cool stuff you share.

Carolyn said...

That's so sweet!!! I think I'll try peaches in the cake batter. I love, love, love the idea!!!

Book Gurl said...

A gorgeous cake for a gorgeous family.

Shawn said...

All my best to your parents on their anniversary!! A perfectly fitting cake to celebrate forty years! I bet "little Joseph" enjoyed cake then as much as now...hee hee!

Gene said...

Many happy returns.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Hi Matt. Thank you! To answer your question, that's a Staffordhire figure and would make for a rather destructive, though attractive, cake topper. Enjoy your protein shake. If you ever get a day off from your training, we'll have to make sure you get some proper nourishment--cake.

Joseph Crisalli said...

It's a very good idea, Carolyn. I recommend it!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thank you, Book gurl!

Joseph Crisalli said...

I will tell them, Shawn. And, certainly I liked cake as much then. Some kids are enticed to smile for photos with toys. I have no doubt that my attention was being caught by a cupcake off-camera.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thanks, Gene!