Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Message from Mr. Punch: We’re takin’ Sunday off

Hullo, hullo. It’s me…Mr. Punch. Coo! A lot goes on in this house. Since I been here, I seen a lot of things. And lots of cake! The little white dog what’s called Bertie has had surgery, he has. He’s doing well and healing quite nice and such. But, me Professor what’s called Joseph has been stayin’ up nights to watch the Bertie Dog so he can make sure the little furry fella is doin’ well and is comfortable. That seems to make me Professor tired and he’s walkin’ ‘round the place kind o’ like one o’ them zombies Marie Laveau makes in the story what me Professor writes ‘bout some strange, rich bloke what thinks he’s me.

So, ‘cause of all that, me professor’s gonna take tomorrow off. I don’t know what that means ‘xactly ‘cept that I think he’s not gonna sit with that flat box on his lap pressin’ on all those black buttons what’s got the alphabet on them.

He wants me to tell ya that even though he won’t be writin’ new stuff on Sunday, there’s gonna be lots of stuff on Monday and all next week—including my story and lots of pictures of stuff from museums and from Her Majesty’s palace.

But, you never know, I may pop in here and have a say of me own on Sunday. You never know with me.

That’s the way to do it!

Mr. Punch

No comments: