Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Fun: An Interview with Bryan Clarke

Professor Jingles
Bryan Clarke
I know that I posted this video clip of Bryan Clarke, the esteemed Professor, about a year ago. In fact, it was the very first Punch & Judy related clip I ever posted. When I first saw this video, I was new to the world of Punch & Judy and didn’t fully realize how much meaning this clip would have to my life.

This week, I had the extreme pleasure of actually talking on the phone with the famous Professor Jingles, Bryan Clarke. Mr. Clarke is one of the greatest Punch & Judy men in the world (and one of a handful of people in the world who still makes proper Punch & Judy puppets), and you’ll see in this video a chronicle of his amazing and impressive career. I’m quite fortunate to be receiving one of Mr. Clarke’s beautiful Mr. Punch figures—made by the master himself. When I receive my new puppet, no doubt, you’ll be hearing quite a lot about it because I’m excited beyond words. I will try not to be obnoxious about it. But, it’s pretty darn exciting!

Enjoy this interview with Mr. Clarke. It’s a thrill to see the master at work!


No comments: