Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Bertie!

Taking a cue from some of his favorite celebrities, no one is quite sure exactly how old Bertie is. However, today, we celebrate his birthday. You see, Bertie is a rescue dog. I don’t know when his real birthday is, but his papers say he was born on June 11, 2000. That was just a guess according to the vet who first examined him. At Bertie’s first visit to the vet, he appeared to be a fully-grown Westie of about two years old. But, after he was adopted (nine years ago), he grew. Quite a bit. So, I guess he was still something of a puppy when he first trotted into my house and my heart.


Bertie as a baby.
Regardless of his age and his actual birthdate, here’s wishing Bertie a very special day. I know all friends of canines believe that their dog is the best in the world, but in my case, it’s true. He is. So, happy birthday to Bertram Wilberforce Wooster! Many happy returns to a very good boy!

No comments: