Thursday, April 21, 2011

Goal for the Day: Take a Nap

With a holiday weekend coming, no matter what you celebrate, it’s a great opportunity to make time to appreciate the simplicity and joy of your own life. One of the most beautiful things you can do for yourself is to take a short nap. Our bodies need time to rest and repair. By taking a nap, you’re allowing your body to rejuvenate itself.


Now, admittedly, I’m not a nap-taker, and sleep and I have a rocky relationship. However, my Bertie is a nap aficionado and I must admit that I admire his ability to listen to his body and to know when it’s time to rest. Of course, for Bertie, it’s usually a good time to rest. But, he has a good point. It’s just another example of all the wonderful things that we can learn from our pets.

No comments: