Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Goal for the Day: Live life unplugged

I love my iPhone. I’m the first to admit that I’m quite attached to it. However, I recognize that it’s not a substitute for reality. Very often, we see people out in the world, walking around, examining their smart phones. Whether they’re texting, reading, taking pictures or talking, our phones have taken the place of our eyes, ears and hands.


Remember, there’s a real world in front of us. It may not always be pretty and perfect, but it’s there and your experience within it is what you make of it. So, put the phone back in your pocket. View the world through your own eyes. Speak to people face-to-face. Learn by experience. Let your curiosity lead you into the tangible. Your phone will always be there, but the world around us changes in the blink of an eye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good idea.