Monday, February 21, 2011

Goal for the Day: Get Plenty of Sleep

As someone who spends a lot of time with a dog, I can certainly report that dogs know how to take care of themselves. When they’re hungry, they eat. When they’re tired, they sleep. Now, we don’t have the luxury of curling up on the floor and taking a nap whenever the mood strikes us, but we can continue to learn from our pets by getting enough sleep.


Admittedly, this is one of my great failings. I’m not a good sleeper. I often get caught up in what I’m doing and end up staying up. But, I’m trying to retrain myself. So, today, if you had a busy weekend and didn’t get as much sleep as your body needs, make a point to go to bed a little early. Let your body have a chance to repair itself, and you’ll find that you’ll be able to do more the following day.

No comments: