Thursday, January 13, 2011

Goal for the Day: Help your Pets Relax

When you come home from work, you may wonder what your dog or cat has been up to all day. I’m fortunate in that I work out of the house. However, when I did have an office job, I answered the question of “What does Bertie do all day?” by being able to watch him over the house’s security cameras which I can access from my iPhone. The answer to that question is, “He sleeps, and barks at things.”


Regardless of their daily habits, dogs (and cats) still feel stress. When we’re not around, they do worry. They also get themselves worked up about things that we don’t even think about—squirrels and birds and other things that go “chirp” in the day.

At the end of the day, one great way for both you and your pet to relax is by taking half an hour to groom your pet. Simple daily brushing is a great time to bond with your pet. Some pets don’t care for being brushed, but the majority of them do. By brushing each day, you’re getting your four-legged friend more accusomted to grooming and you’re helping them lead a healthy and comfortable life.

Spending time with you, will help your pet relax. And, bonding with your pet for that half an hour a day will give you some much-needed time to unwind. I know Bertie loves his daily brushing. All I have to say is, “Brushing Time” and he comes running. You’ll find that it’s a half-an-hour which makes a huge difference.

No comments: