Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ornament of the Day: A Miniature Chandelier

Anyone who has ever visited my home knows of my fondness for chandeliers.  When I ran out of ceilings, it was only fitting that I should have a chandelier to hang from the Christmas tree.  This miniature chandelier is crafted from glittering, resin-coated wire and features shimmering prisms. It’s an unexpected sight on the Christmas tree and catches the tree’s lights charmingly.  Of course, each year, when I hand it upon the tree, it’s only appropriate that I hum a chorus of that perennial, cheerful Christmas favorite…



1 comment:

SherR said...

Lovely peice! I remember my first chandelier: A somewhat bulky peice I made for a 'tableau tray'. About a year later I made another one - less bulky with coloured wire and strings of tiny pearls - for a doll cottage I was decorating. Yours is very beautiful.