Monday, July 26, 2010

Creating a Beautiful Home: Security Systems

A security camera in use.
In creating our personal and global “Belle Époque,” each of us is taking great care to make beautiful homes and lives for ourselves. One of the most important steps in making a beautiful home is making a safe home. While I do love to talk about our glorious past, I do also appreciate the conveniences and improvements we have today. More than ever, we have a wealth of home security options. Here, we have a security system with motion detectors, door and window sensors, panic system and a means of reaching the police and fire department with just the click of a number of available panic buttons—including one on my keychain. We also use motion-sensitive lights both inside and out. My favorite features, however, are the security cameras. Many camera, both inside and out monitor and record the activities of the house. The best part is that with my cell phone I can see a live video feed of any part of the house at any time, no matter where I am. As a pet owner, I especially like that feature. This way, I can make sure Bertie is okay no matter where I am. Through the central control panel, I don’t even have to leave my desk if I hear the front gate open. I just have to look at the monitor.


While not everyone is going to go to the extreme that I have with home security, I would recommend that you have one installed if you can. Other easy steps to take are to leave a light on outside at night, always make sure your doors are locked, close curtains or blinds when you’re not at home and to communicate with friends and neighbors when you’re not going to be at home for a long period of time. Some towns, like mine, offer a “vacation home watch” wherein the police will make sure to patrol by your home to keep an eye on it when you’re out of town.

There are many easy-to-install home security cameras on the market today. Many of them can be accessed through the internet wirelessly. These can be purchased relatively inexpensively. No matter what, make sure your home is safe so that you can have the peace of mind you need to continue to create your “Beautiful Era.”


No comments: